Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

Bottled beer.... its flat after all

Hello,

Me and my friend (budding entrepreneur) went out for a chat. He is setting some business in noida and wanted some consultancy out of my 6 years of work experience. The weather was right to have a beer before we get into those money making talks. Well , we went into the shop and discussed for a while and settled for a carlsberg. I felt good as I was out of my so called "prestigious"B-school campus after a while. We chatted to glory holding those green bottles,must be imported from miles to satisfy our desire.I was actually relishing the drink in the car while munching on Indianized momo's which were a little spicy.It was a tough to gulp them down but I managed it well at the same time curbing on my emerging burps............

So far, me and my friend discussed all the formats that needs to be implemented and strategies that can mint money for him.
We were about to leave and then comes a little soul. This fellow was hardly 2 feet tall, may be 5 year of age and asked for a rupee. These days I was reading "Business ethics" and ethically encouraging beggars is wrong was the concept revolving around my mind.i raised my voice and said no and go away. he immediately turned and sat on a pile of mud. i ignored and now there was another round of imported beer and the talks were on peak.

We settled the bills and were about to leave. We cleaned up our car and disposed the bottles and waste on the road side.
I saw the little guy picked it up and was just waiting for this moment to come. I was ashamed of my behaviour towards the child and offered him Rs. 2 which he readily accepted and I quickly moved from there.

I am still selfish and was imagining if I had that much of patience what this little boy was having.
Well , I came back to my campus and definitely I didn't enjoyed my dinner. All I can say is I might look "big" but I am not.

Can I do something about this????

No comments:

Post a Comment